Dipper Pines is the slightly younger (by 5 minutes) twin brother of Mabel Pines, and is a curious, clever, and inventive 12-year-old. With his sister Mabel along for the ride, he endeavors to uncover the secrets in the mysterious town of Gravity Falls, over the summer.
Intelligent, compassionate, self-conscious and rational, Dipper Pines can't wait to leave adolescence in the rear-view mirror. Born adventurer at heart, Dipper can't sit still and is always looking for the next riddle to solve. His scrupulous attention to detail comes in handy when he is off figuring out the mystery of the day, but sometimes his over-zealousness leaves others questioning his credibility. Dipper is shown to be extremely "genre savvy." He also seems to get very irritated when people think he's cute or adorable, as he wants to be taken seriously like a grown-up from the others but at most times Dipper is most mature and wise than others. When Dipper and Mabel (and Soos at times) are on their adventures Dipper is the one to act as the leader mostly because he is shown to be very brave and smart. He is somewhat protective of his sister, whenever she is in danger he is always there to help and will do anything to get her free. He can sometimes be selfish, and is not above using Gravity Falls' mysterious elements to his advantage, but ultimately always does the right thing.
In the Fighters of Lapis Series
Dipper appears along with Mabel in a tag-team set up character. Their roles in the story are often at the start of the stories as opposed to later on.
Moveset (Mysterious Five Project)
- Standard Special: Ice Bag - Dipper grabs an ice bag. He can either toss it at a character or keep holding it, which gives him limited movement.
- Side Special: Book Toss - Dipper tosses “3”, his book that he found in episode one of Gravity Falls. When the book is tossed, it go horizontal and hit anything in it’s way. If the book doesn’t hit anyone, it goes on the ground and summons a random creature (could be a gnome, cooler monster, or a clone). A gnome will poke characters with his pointy hat, the cooler monster screeches and attacks a character, and a clone will copy Dipper’s previous moves.
- Up Special: Gnome Team - Dipper uses five gnomes to toss him up in the air. This does not work in the air.
- Down Special: Pine Tree - Dipper plants a pine tree, which creates a long vertical barrier that can also be climbed. The tree will go down in three hits.
- Super Move: Disco Girl - Dipper gets out a radio that is playing the song “Disco Girl”. Multi-Bear then appears and will savagely attack the other characters.