Satoru Iwata was the fourth president of Nintendo. He became president in 2002. Satoru used to work at HAL as a programmer and helped create major games such as Kirby's Dream Land. In 1993, Satoru was promoted as the president of HAL Laboratory. On April 24, 2013, Iwata announced at the year end shareholders meeting that he was taking the role of CEO of Nintendo of America, alongside his duties and Global President. Former NoA CEO Tatsumi Kimishima was given the roll of Nintendo Corporate Ltd. Managing Director.
- Standard Special: Nintendo Direct - A quick, direct hit that pulls him to the closest opponent with a punch.
- Side Special: Going Bananas - Holds up some bananas and tosses them in a arc. The bananas can bounce off opponents.
- Up Special: Nessie - Nessie from Earthbound appears to give him a lift.
- Down Special: Direct Pressure - Cancels any moves or negative effects.
- Super Move: Tomodachi Life - Iwata appears as a Mii and begins to fling items angrily at other players.
- Bro Move (With Reggie): Digital Event Showdown - The lights dim as Iwata and Reggie fight 1-1, with other players getting in their way. At the end, they summon three Mii Fighters to attack for them.